SS7 Executive Overview
Length: 1 day
Description: SS7 Overview will give you an understanding of the architecture and use of Common Channel Signaling (CCS) and the Signaling System 7 (SS7) protocol. This course describes how intelligent networking and its applications are used to support many of the features that are deployed throughout both the wireline and wireless networks today. It is intended to give a high-level view of both the architecture and the protocol. It is structured like the two-day SS7 Overview course, but taught at a higher level.
- Basic terms and definitions
- Why deploy CCS?
- Examples of signaling (CAS & CCS)
- Advantage of CCS
- Services offered with CCS
- Switches (SSP)
- Signal Transfer Points (STP)
- Service Control Points (SCP)
- Advanced Intelligent Networks (AIN)
- Linksets and Links
- Interconnection Arrangements
The SS7 Protocol
- Message Transfer Part (MTP)
- Data Link
- Network – routing
- Global Title Translation (GTT) routing
- Examples of applications
- Examples of trunk set up
- Advance Intelligent Network (AIN)
- CLASS Services
- Toll-Free Services
- Local Number Portability (LNP)
- Mobile Applications
- Wireless Number Portability (WNP)
- Wireless E911
- ITU Core-INAP
What You Will Learn
In this course you will learn terminology and concepts of the CCS network and the SS7 protocol. We will examine services that are offered using this network.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
This course would be beneficial to network planners, network or traffic engineers or network operations personnel. It would also provide a good foundation for those individuals needing more advanced courses in SS7 protocols.
All of our instructors have years of experience developing and teaching technical courses at Telcordia Technologies (Bellcore) Learning Services in Lisle, IL. They are all SS7 certified and CompTIA CTT+ Certified Professionals.
* This course is provided through special agreement with Telecom Training Associates, Inc.