Wireless Number Portability
Length: 2 days
Description: Number portability ensures that consumers will retain the same telephone number regardless of which telecommunications service provider – wireline or wireless – they choose. The course covers all number portability aspects, from a wireless services provider perspective, that you need to know to meet the current FCC requirements. Each aspect, from how number portability works to how it is provisioned is explained.
- What is wireless number portability?
- How wireless number portability is accomplished
- Key players in number portability
- Differences between local and wireless number portability
- Parameters used in trunk signaling
- Applications used to accomplish number portability
- Routing used for portability applications
- Examination of SS7 layers used to obtain routing information
Call Flow Scenarios
- Typical call flow scenarios
- Identification of NPDB and HLR query precedence
- Examination of SMS with number portability
- Routing Failure Scenarios
- Provisioning process
- Impact of number portability on network elements
- Number pooling concepts
Exercises are provided throughout the course, reinforcing a practical understanding of the material.
What You Will Learn
In this course you will learn how to implement WNP. In addition, you will learn what the FCC has mandated and what protocols and standards are being used. Emphasis is placed on the various entities involved and the communication that must take place between them. Number portability has an effect on services that rely on telephone numbers and this course addresses that.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
This course will be an invaluable tool for those individuals responsible for maintenance and surveillance of the voice or signaling network. Others who could benefit would include planners, network or traffic engineers, dial administrators, sales representatives and interconnection specialists.
All of our instructors have years of experience developing and teaching technical courses at Telcordia Technologies (Bellcore) Learning Services in Lisle, IL.. They are all SS7 certified and CompTIA CTT+ Certified Professionals.
* This course is provided through special agreement with Telecom Training Associates, Inc.