VoIP Essentials On-Line
Length: Two (4-Hour) Sessions
Description: Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a critical topic in the telecommunication network. VoIP Essentials will give you the knowledge necessary to understand the evolving telecommunications network. The course includes an overview of basic terms and concepts of both the circuit-switched and packet-based networks. It introduces the architectures and protocols required for VoIP. You attend this course over the WEB.
Overview and Architecture
- The PSTN circuit-switched network
- Signaling networks and databases
- VoIP equipment and topologies
- Telephone numbers and IP addresses
- IP Multi-media Subsystem (IMS)
How Voice is transported over IP
- IP basics
- Internet Protocol (IP)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- H.323 Network elements
- Terminals, Gatekeepers, Gateways, MCUs
- Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
- MEGACO Protocol
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
VoIP Using Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- SIP network elements
- Proxy, Registrar, Redirect, User Agent
- SIP message structure
- SIP messages
- SIP addressing
- SIP Registration
- Session Descriptor Protocol (SDP)
- SIP message flows
- SIP – PSTN call flows
Exercises are provided throughout the course, reinforcing a practical understanding of the material.
What You Will Learn
You will learn the concepts of how voice, along with data and video can be transported using Internet Protocol (IP). Emphasis is placed on architectures and protocols needed in a VoIP network. You will be introduced to the various Protocols that are used such as IP, UDP, SIP, RTP and SDP.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
As networks migrate to VoIP, this course will be valuable for those individuals responsible for planning, designing, marketing, managing or supporting almost any area of telecommunications.
None; this course is appropriate for individuals new to this protocol.
All of our instructors have years of experience developing and teaching technical courses at Telcordia Technologies (Bellcore) Learning Services in Lisle, IL. They are all SS7 certified and CompTIA CTT+ Certified Professionals.
* This course is provided through special agreement with Telecom Training Associates, Inc.