Length: 1 day
Description: The IP Multi-media Subsystem (IMS) as defined by the 3GPP, is an architecture that enables network operators to offer their subscribers multimedia services based on and built upon internet applications, services and protocols. The complete solution for the support of IP multi-media applications consists of terminals, IP-Connectivity Access Networks, and the specific functional elements of the IM Subsystem.
- Service concepts
- Naming and addressing concepts
- Identification of network nodes
- Identification of users
- Mobility related concepts
IMS Session Control Functions
- Interrogating Call Session Control Function
- Proxy Call Session Control Function
- Serving Call Session Control Function
- Multi-media Resource Function
- Support of multimedia telephony
- Support of Short Message Service
- Support of number portability
- Session setup principles
- Call Session Control Function Procedures
- Registration procedures
- De-registration procedures
- IP Multi-media session procedures
- Interworking with PSTN
- Origination procedures
- Termination procedures
- Immediate Messaging
Exercises are provided in the course, reinforcing a practical understanding of the material.
Basic knowledge of wireline or wireless telephony and signaling would be helpful, but not essential.
What You Will Learn
This course will examine the key concepts and terms of IMS. It also provides an understanding of the procedures and messaging flows defined for IMS.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
This course is designed for individuals responsible for or involved with network planning, central office engineering, interconnection, technical support or network operations for both wireless and wireline providers.
All of our instructors have years of experience developing and teaching technical courses at Telcordia Technologies (Bellcore) Learning Services in Lisle, IL. They are all SS7 certified and CompTIA CTT+ Certified Professionals.
* This course is provided through special agreement with Telecom Training Associates, Inc.